Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry (Late) Xmas



Item one: One last look at my Christmas tree. Like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree, except in brilliant Technicolor pink and blue! Anyone else have decorations of improbably colored aluminum instead of white this year?

Item two: I scored this cardboard promotional Tusk poster/blowup of the album at the Great Escape 30% off sale. Merry Christmas to me! HUUUGE selection of late 70's, same-size, promo poster items just like this, probably from a record store. After I foolishly missed out on ones for Steve Martin's Let's Get Small and Macca's Wings Across America, the good folks at the best used record store in Nashville saw fit to restock with even more record tiles...!! I spotted Linda Ronstadt, America, Seals and Croft, Rare Earth, and TWO Leo Sayers, but owing to my crazy crush on Fleetwood Mac right now, I chose this one. Every morning on the way to my coffee, it's "Hello, Lindsey Buckingham! Hello, Stevie Nicks!". Now, I just need to find a new place to hang the Pam Grier posters that were in its place, and I'll be happy again.

Christmas has had me running pretty much all day, everyday since the last post-- but rest assured, I'll be back to my regular, far-too-often posting schedule in the New Year. Get ready for some belated, red and green themed Christmas outfits that were too good not to document, but that I've been too busy to upload!

Have a happy New Year, everybody!!

9 comments:

  1. Score :) and I love your little crazy colour trees! :)

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the link, I'll check that out for some poster/gifts soon...nice tree also. ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the tree compliments, guys! I'll be sad to see them go on New Year's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your blog is very cool - love the vintage decor scans! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello, dear! i've listed you among my 15 choices for a Stylish Blogger Award! happy new year!
    <3ciciley
    http://modestylist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. edge of seventeen always lifts my mood...

    oooh baby, ooooh, i said oooooh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome score on that Tusk poster! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! Happy New Year, guys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...