Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Hollywood Magazine (Fan Magazines, 1930's-1940's)

Hi guys!

I got swamped with work today....boy, I am telling YOU. I managed to break free on my lunch hour long enough to fit in seeing my sister (and a whole lotta grape leaves) at the Greek restaurant, got all my checks written for my bills and mailed, but! Some things got left undone. :( I'm afraid it's too late in the day for a full-fledged post from yours truly...we gotta get some more books slung before it's time to head out for the day. Why not instead indulge in one of the fan magazines of Hollywood's yesteryear courtesy of (OH MY GOD I JUST FOUND OUT YOU CAN EMBED ARCHIVE.ORG ITEMS) The Internet Archive! Click on the blue link to see a full sized version of the magazine or flip through the matchbook sized one here, it's your call... I've opened a few to pages I like (Wallace Beery! Joan Crawford! Tyrone Power! Linda Darnell! Oh my!), but I promise there's even more to see if you really dig into the issues. See any juicy tidbits about stars we know and love? Let me know! I'd love to talk vintage Hollywood with you as soon as I catch my breath tomorrow.

Have a fabulous Tuesday! I'll see you tomorrow; til then!                     -Lisa

                         

                         

                          

                            

                           

                          

                         


4 comments:

  1. What a TREASURE! I actually have the Hollywood Mag with Joan Crawford's Christmas ad for cigarets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE, I mean, I LOVE, her clothes in that ad (plum wool/persian lamb/hat ensemble? YES, YES, AND YES). :) Good eye, I'm going to look out for this copy in real life, myself!

      Delete
  2. I love Internet Archive--hadn't come across these yet, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never cease to find things I didn't think to look for on there when I least expect it!! Best treasure trove on the internet.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...