Thursday, June 5, 2014

Chiara Ferragi Shoes (Novelty Loafers on Parade)

Good morning!

I was looking for some kind of novelty shoes the other day when I stumbled across these loony loafers on a website called Luisaviaroma.com. While I'm in no danger of owning a pair because a) I don't think I've spent more than $50 on a pair of shoes EVER and b) they don't even carry my size, I can't say I didn't do a double take on some of the kooky designs available. "WHY can't you ever find things like this in non-kawaii, grown up, but also not octogenarian shoe choices?!" is a question Chiara Ferragi, fashion blogger and now shoe designer, answers with a resoundingly cheeky exclamation point of a festive footwear collection. Winking eyes, Hollywood sign, and ME...I would just love to see the former and the latter in an otherwise black-on-black blouse and cigarette pant combination, with a vintage chunky gold necklace and charm bracelet to bring in the color. If wishes were fishes....but still!

Take a look at these gorgeous shoes:
10MM BLINK EYE GLITTER LOAFERS
At first, I thought-- now, would I look like Sylvia Fine from The Nanny in something like this? And then I thought-- Lisa, you are saying that like it's a bad thing. Do you remember the spate of late 80's/early 90's novelty sequin items that all the flashiest grandmas were wearing in those halcyon days? I know the fuschia Impressionist windbreaker/pants ensembles were bad, but I can't help but admit that I am drawn, moth-like, to a lot of the glittering, over-the-top, funny sequined vest and dresses and other festive apparel that pops up in estate sales that I go to. I like that vintage mind set of, "If I'm going to get dressed, I'm going to get dressed." While in a senior citizen's heyday in the 1960's, that might have meant coordinated sherbet colored pedal pusher and shell top and sunglasses and sun hat and sandals, maybe in that same person in their seventies', having lived through Dynasty, after all, decided to cut loose in wild, embellished satin and bedazzler abandon. I think these shoes are heir to that sense of whimsy-meets-look-at-me-now.

10MM GLITTER HOLLYWOOD SUEDE LOAFERS
Some of the designs are a little "boutique" ish...do you know what I mean? But honestly, the same designs in a different choice of material (say matte black on matte solid color, no metallics or denim as in the spaghetti kiss loafers), would read Jeffrey Campbell or some other out there but up there designer. I FULLY SUPPORT THE IDEA OF THESE SHOES if not all the execution (especially if I am to hypothetically spend upwards of $200 on these hypothetical shoes in my noway land scenario we're cooking up here). How cute is the spaghetti kiss even with its flaws?

10MM SPAGHETTI KISS DENIM LOAFERS
If you always wanted your own Hollywood Walk of Fame star...well, at least you could have the shoes to match WHEN THAT DAY COMES:

10MM HOLLYWOOD STAR GLITTER LOAFERS

I wish both of these were just lips and in a non-doily fabric, but again, the "x" and "y" format of these are kind of cute, too.

10MM LIPSTICK LACE LOAFERS

This one, piggy backing off the last one, is just weird with the fingers, but it might just be my third favorite, after the Hollywood sign and the blinkies:
NAIL POLISH GLITTER LOAFERS LOAFERS
And for reference, Mama Fine in her leopard print on leopard print finery (I vote yes on Prop Leopard Print):
source
So! What do you think? Too cool for school or certifiably insane? If you were going to make a pair of these, what two related things would you want to see together? Which pair sings to you? Do you have any secret or not so secret love for glitz, glamour, and gaudiness? What's the most out there pair of shoes you've taken to the street? Let me know!

That's all for today, I gotta scoot, but I will see you back here tomorrow for Photo Friday! Be good, we'll talk then. :)

6 comments:

  1. I had to go to the website to see how much over $50 these babies are. I will admit to having spent $250 + on shoes in the past but I only ever have a half dozen pairs of shoes at a time. I am not much of a shopper. Of course, the last pair of $250 shoes I bought were a pair of Repetto ballet flats and they wore out ridiculously quickly. I've had actual ballet slippers last longer. Seriously. So, I bought some lookalike Nine West that were only $45. Unfortunately while browsing the website I found these Farragamo flats that I want. Not happening though. $308 for a jelly shoe. Sheesh.

    I would say it's perfectly fine to look Fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How DELICATE looking are those rose colored Ferrangamo jellies, though! I guess for three hundred smackers, they should be, but I agree, I want some!

      #finetobeFine2014

      Delete
  2. How about the I Heart NY? I can't get my old keyboard to put the red heart in, but you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, Vivian! Whadda we want? Novelty shoes! When do we want 'em? NOW!! :)

      Delete
  3. Yowza price for some yowza shoes! Those eyes are calling me though-it could be diy'ed pretty easily, I think. Now to find some glittery gold smoking loafers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I want the first pair of peeper ones so bad I might just have to DIY some!!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...